Tuesday, June 2, 2009

4 days.

We had a sleep over at our friends, the Council's, house last night. They have a daughter Jordan's age, and a son who just turned one, whom Carter LOVES to watch play! The girls played so well together, and even both fell asleep on their own in the same room together!!! I stayed up way too late chatting with my friend, and was absolutely EXHAUSTED this morning.



We swam today, and Jordan decided to suddenly be afraid to get her face wet, and afraid to jump in without me holding her (so that I could stop her before her face got wet). My solution? I just tossed her in...which she HATED. (I didn't do this right away, the first scabillion times I did just what she was comfortable with, in hopes of working up to her really jumping in.) Oh well, she had fun anyways, and I was only mildly frustrated with her at that point. Then, she took an AMAZING 2 1/2 hour nap...THAT NEVER HAPPENS AT MY HOUSE. EVER. So of course tonight should have been amazingly wonderful...should.have.been.



As of 10:15 pm this evening my daughter has POOPED her pants 3 times. Typical for a 2 1/2 year old you may think, but you are wrong. My daughter has been COMPLETELY potty trained for almost an entire year. I could count on ONE HAND the number of times this has happened in the past year, and I GUARANTEE the rest of the times were all sometime last summer/early fall. WHAT is going on!? I have been literally with her 24/7 in the past week...except for about 3 hours Sunday night, when she was with my Mom, so that's nothing unusual at all.



I swear, every day we are not at home, she re-gresses (is that a word?) another month.



On a GREAT note, for the first time in Carter's ENTIRE life, I heard this from a doctor "He looks and sounds perfect, no need to follow up." PRAISE GOD! In the past even when we thought we were going for a well visit, something has come up (hence we are at my parents house...) Carter is breathing like a champ, has perfectly clear ears, nose and eyes, no fever, and no more excessive spit up than he usually does!!!! So, we are stopping one of his inhalers, and slowly weaning the other. And although the doctor said, perhaps another week away from home just to literally "let the dust settle." I have decided that this cannot be done. We will give it until Saturday. My poor daughter just cannot understand why we aren't going home, why she isn't seeing Daddy very much, etc. It breaks my heart for her and she has definately sacrificed in the last week, so although Carter is only 6 months, he's going to have to sacrifice some too.



4 days. I am going home Saturday. Saturday, beautiful Saturday! I will still be by myself, because Dave is working on a project for the church all day Saturday, but I will be in MY HOME.



In the meantime, I am coming un-done quickly, Jordan is coming un-done quickly, and Carter, well, he's healthy. And that makes it worth it for 4 more days!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Carter is on the mend. It's been a rough week for everybody, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know its hard to not be home. Even if you feel comfertable where you are, I agree its not home. I'm glad Carter is doing better. Serena has only been potty training for a little while but when we go to my parents she takes a couple steps back. She doesn't have accidents at home when we go out, but she can't seem to remember to go when we are there. Its weird.

    ReplyDelete