Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Still Home

mmmmm...home, and cozy having an AMAZING cup of coffee this morning :-) Jordan is blowing bubbles in the house (because it is raining outside). Carter is playing in his excer saucer and it is a GREAT morning so far!

Last night was good too. We had spaghetti for dinner. I decided its time for Carter to eat food that's a little more solid than pureed baby food, so I put some spaghetti in the blender along with some Gerber squash. Don't do that. Spaghetti doesn't chop, or whatever, well in the blender. So I dumped it out, and used the hand chopper thingy. Carter LOOOOOVED it!

Dave put the toilet in downstairs last night, so we had a pretty big box sitting around. I remembered my friend Nancy's blog about how much her son loved their lawn mower box, so I got a knife and quickly concocted said toilet box into a playhouse. That was HOURS of entertainment. Jordan played peek-a-boo with Carter for a while before finally deciding the box was "Chic-Fil-A." She tried to get Dave and I to sit inside saying "We have tables and a slide and EVERYTHING!" But that clearly wasn't going to work (we're talking toilet box here, not refrigerator box.) so she came around and took our orders and prepared them inside the restaurant. Carter loved the box so much, he decided to crawl a little towards it. But then got frustrated because he wasn't going fast enough apparently, and began rolling to it. Then he though it was hilarious to kick the door shut every time Jordan tried to open it. Not too funny for Jordan. Not too funny at all for Jordan, as the windows in "Chick Fil A" were not large enough to exit through...

Then, just before bedtime Jordan was the first to use the toilet downstairs. How exciting, haha! She said "Daddy this is a nice toilet. I really like it down here. I'm just going to sit here for a while and check this place out. What a pretty basement. Maybe I'll poop while I'm sitting here....nope. I don't need to go." (Her exact words to Dave.) Then she decided before bed we needed to sing happy birthday to her, because she is now 31.

Have a good day everyone! Stay dry, its supposed to be horrible out there today!

1 comment: