Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Beautifully Busy!

What a busy day we had yesterday! It was Dave's 30th birthday, and although we are actually having a party for him Saturday, the actual day couldn't go without notice...Jordan was so excited she could hardly stand it.

First, I had a dr's appt., so Jordan stayed at her friend Emmy's house for the morning. This was a really special treat, and she was so excited to "go play with Emmy all by myself. Mommy, you just drive me there please." After the appointment, Carter and I returned for Jordan, lunch in tow, and played for about another hour at Kerry and Emmy's house (oops...and Rawlon's house too!) Then it was home for naptime. No nap in site for me though yesterday, my 2-4 time slot was filled with:

Baking a chocolate cake
Staining the wood for our bookcase
Frosting the cake
Helping a friend with wedding invitations (licking envelopes, etc.)

Then when the kiddies woke up it was time to decorate the frosted cake, put on the candles and start making dinner.

I'm telling you what, I woke up yesterday, blinked and it was bedtime!! Jordan was amazingly well behaved and Carter was his happy self all day long. And today? More of the same! I have to run to Lowes, BJ's and the grocery store, then my neighbor is helping me to make a large cushion for downstairs (scary...I have NO sewing abilities...) then more with the envelope licking. Tomorrow is just as busy, but Friday is going to be great! We will all be home, and getting carpet put in our basement. The final step before we move our furniture all around and begin using our new-old space!

No comments:

Post a Comment