Monday, February 28, 2011

Are you smarter than a Pre-schooler?

Today was a hilarious day! I can't even remember 1/2 of what I've spent the day laughing at, but I know I've spent the better part of the day laughing!!!

Here's a couple of highlights:

At the dinner table, Carter kept, ahem "passing wind." Bad table manners are absolutely, positively a pet peeve of mine...even from a 2 year old. So - HE KNOWS this doesn't fly (well - he's 2, he probably doesn't KNOW exactly what I mean when I say "no tooting at the table." but he's HEARD it a few times). FINALLY after time number 4 or so I asked him to please go sit on the steps if he needed to "toot" and then come back when he was all done. He looked at Dave and grinned his little "I'm about to do something silly" grin. Went over to the steps and proceeded to relieve himself for a few minutes...laughing...and then return to the table. You can imagine Dave's reaction to this...

Later, I gave the kids their baths. Got Jordan out and dressed, Dave came down to get Carter out and dressed and brush the kids' teeth. I went upstairs to do dishes....and here's what I heard (although I have NO IDEA what happened to cause this conversation to start):

Dave: You know Jordan, if you work really really hard in school and get really smart, you might not have to work one day. You can pay people to work FOR you, isn't that cool?!

Jordan: Oh! So you pay people to work for you Daddy?

Dave: Well No -
Jordan: Oh. You're not very smart?

Dave: Well, I am but I just didn't

Jordan: Work really really hard in school?

Dave: I didn't graduate from College. You can work really hard and go to college and THEN work really really hard there and then have people work FOR you.

Jordan: Oh ok. So Mommy is really really smart, because you work for her.

Dave:

Kim: CRACKING UP LAUGHING UPSTAIRS!

Yes Jordan, I am so very smart! I convinced Daddy to marry me, have Children with me, buy me all of the things I need, and go to work every day to pay for everything :-) I hope one day you are just as smart ;-) Love, Mommy!

1 comment: