Thursday, February 24, 2011

There's really no title for this...its not really ABOUT anything...

I just wrote a whole blog about the ridiculousness of yesterday, but when I re-read it I realized it wasn't that bad. I may have been a large part of the problem here yesterday...

So - today - can I just say that I cannot get it right with my poor daughter! I tell her "please leave (so and so) alone, when you are playing with that person the 2 of you get in trouble and I want you to (whatever it is she's supposed to be doing. And please keep this between you and I because I'd hate for her feelings to be hurt. You don't have to TELL her you can't play, just..." (you get the idea). Next I tell her "today when you're bored in gymnastics, if you're waiting in line just do some stretching. If you're waiting on the mat, just practice your handstands or backbends...etc."
So. Let's name "so and so" Alice. Jordan RUNS into gymnastics, RUNS up to Alice and starts talking. O.M.G! This is not the first time this has happened (telling her to leave someone alone and she goes and tells them this) so I CLEARLY told her this time NOT to run up and tell Alice. I'm silently praying that she IS NOT doing what I think she is. 5 minutes later Jordan comes to get me b/c she needs to go to the bathroom:

"Jordan, I saw you talking to Alice, were you telling her what we talked about in the car?"

"No Mommy, I wasn't I promised I wouldn't"

"What did you tell her?"

"I just said 'My Mommy told me something about you and its REALLY bad and I can't tell you ."

- oh good. Here I was worried about her telling her what I actually said....ugh.-

"Jordan - next time, let's just say nothing at all. What you said might have hurt her feelings"

- insert tears from confused and worried daughter here -

"You're not in trouble"

"But I don't want Alice to be sad"

"Just don't say anything else at all to Alice"


Back to gymnastics, Jordan's doing fantastic. Then they get in line for beam. Jordan was being so incredibly obedient today and having a really really good day, so naturally she starts stretching. Bending down and touching her toes, stretching her calves.

COACH: "Jordan, stand STILL in line please. I don't want to have to say that again."

- Jordan's lip quivers...tears well up -
COACH: (who has never seen Jordan cry) Looks up at me like "Oh crap, what did I do." and says "Jordan don't cry just stand still next time."

Poor kid.

Next we leave gymnastics, and drive to the grocery store. As we're turning in to the parking lot I smell something like warm apple pie or peach cobbler. A fantastically warm, sweet smell. There's a "Checker's" on the corner and I'm thinking they must have come out with some new fantastic desert because it smells HEAVENLY. As I got further and further from Checkers I realized I'm still smelling this smell, like its in the car with me. It is a new car...maybe I just didn't really notice it had this smell before?! That's when I looked behind me and saw Carter. Carter, Carter, Carter. Carter who snuck a packet of Caramel dipping sauce into the car. Carter who held it quietly until that moment. Carter who has now rubbed caramel sauce on his hands as though it were lotion, covered his toy car in it like it were a car-wash. Carter whose hair was stylishly spiked and had a brownish tint to the tips, and a sweet smelling sticky sheen. Carter whose lap was drizzled in caramel and whose carseat was so ridiculously messy I could have cried. We could NOT go to the store, because it was an almost incomprehensible mess. WOOO! Guess who's getting patted down before entering the car from now on?!

1 comment:

  1. oh Kim really just welcome to motherhood.

    I do like the humor you put on it all

    ReplyDelete