Wednesday, February 9, 2011

And We're Back!

The kids are sick, and I am afraid to lay down and go back to sleep. Although their motrin-induced sleep may well keep them out until 8:00 (later than that is UNHEARD OF in this house under any circumstance), I know that if I lay down and shut my eyes someone will IMMEDIATELY wake up for the day. Then I'll be 10000000x more tired than I already am, so forget it. No sleep today.

In my sleeplessness (is that really a word?!) I decided to pull up the ole blog and read it. I am so sad that I stopped blogging! It wasn't time consuming for me, because its really just journaling...I'm not a "writer" like my friend Nancy

When I stopped it was because a **small** group of people decided that I sounded too negative and was always complaining...yea, re-reading my posts: I'm not seeing that, sorry. I think its healthy to write about, and find humor in, life.

So - I'm restarting.

The kids are sick today, Carter is on the mend. He's been running a fever among other things, and yesterday at the doctor I found out my Son IS capable of having an ear infection WITH his tubes still in place. Fabulous. I was actually relieved to know this was the fever culprit, as it makes I thought it made him non-contagious. It was still looking good for Jordan not getting sick, and Dave and I have had plans for Friday! Jordan hung out with her friend for the afternoon while I took Carter to the doctors. When I got to Becky's house to pick up Jordan, she told me the girls did "Great!" were "so good! Oh, but I should let you know Jordan is running a low fever and she says her ears hurt." UGH.

1.) Jordan never wakes up sick and toxic. It ALWAYS starts at school, or at someone's house. I know that is so highly unlikely, but its true. And hence I ALWAYS look like "that Mom" who brings her sick kid places. I'm not. I promise.

2.) There went my whole "It was just an ear infection!" celebration.

3.) I am hoping and praying and really REALLY hoping and praying that she didn't infect her friend or anyone else at school.

4.) As is normal around here, our date is cancelled. (well, maybe not, but probably?)

So today its back to the pediatrician. 2 trips in 2 days. 3 trips in 2 weeks. Before that it had been MONTHS since the kiddos needed to go to the doctors. As stated above, Jordan didn't go with yesterday. The last time she was at the doctor, you may remember Jordan completely mortified me in serenaded the waiting room as we were leaving. I'm hoping for a better trip today, but check back tomorrow...I may have some REAL material to blog about!

And just as I've finished writing this and decided to brave it and take a 45 minute "nap" guess who just walked in the door?! Guess I'll be snuggling my sick little one now...have a good day

JORDAN HAYES (who was begging to type her name on the computer as soon as she saw it on!)

1 comment:

  1. ok lets see if I can comment now.
    Hey i will be blogging again soon. I suspect something will hit it tomorrow

    ReplyDelete