Thursday, May 28, 2009

Busy Day!

Today was incredibly busy!! Jordan had Gymnastics at 9:30, which means we had to leave here at 8:30 to be there on time (this does not mean we WERE on time, but would have been had we left at 8:30.) Jordan is working on mastering her "toe touch" jump. IT.IS.HILLARIOUS. Coach M. Holds Jordan's hips, lifts her as she jumps up and holds her up long enough to get her legs out, back down again, and land. Then Jordan tries...she jumps up, puts her legs out perfectly and leans to touch her toes and then SLAM, she lands on her butt on the ground!!!! (its okay to laugh at this, the floor is VERY VERY padded and springy).

Next, onto our weekly early-lunch at Chick Fil A. Great, as always. Then there's the weekly pointless trip to Target, where I search the dollar aisle for things I don't need but have to have because they're only a $1.00. I cleaned up in there today, coloring book, bubbles, flip flops, hand sanitizer, wipies, travel size tylenol.

Drove home to pick up the double stroller, and on the way both kids fell asleep. Since Carter can't actually go INTO our house (poor guy) Dave came and sat outside with them and I took a much-needed quick shower. Then we were off to the Marine Museum. What a blast! We've been there many times, but for some reason this time Jordan was REALLY into everything. I refuse, however, to be one of those Moms who FORCES my child to learn something at the museum, by stopping at EVERY SINGLE exhibit and reading the little caption. We just read the ones she had questions about and "ooh'd and aah'd" over the rest. My friend who came with us IS one of those Moms...so that slowed us down substantially. I asked Jordan later what her favorite part of the museum was and she said "I can't pick just one favorite, I had lots and lots of favorites." YAY!!! THAT is a successful trip!

Then we went to Ritas, and since this blog is not supposed to really be about me, but about my Children; I will spare the details of the drama that happened there. Just know, it wasn't my fault, my car is fine, and I'm SURE it was a learning experience for the 16 year old girl...

We went home to pick Dave up so we could go have dinner as a family and the contractor was still there. We hung out in the backyard for an hour or so waiting. Jordan lost my car keys out there, so that was a fun "treasure hunt" activity. We found them, in Dave's pocket...I don't have a clue how he got them. Finally we made it to Mexico Restaraunt and had a great dinner. Busy but great day!! Tomorrow Jordan has her last day of her first year of school :-( That went by entirely too quickly. I hope every year doesn't go by so fast...I'm choking up just thinking about that.

...Carter is soooo close to crawling....so, maybe an update about that soon!

'Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment