Monday, May 25, 2009

2 Children

Dave and I have 2 kids. Just 2. 2 is ENOUGH. Jordan is 2, will be 3 in September. Carter is 6 months, his birthday is in November. My husband and I feel NO NEED to have more children. I don't harbor ANY guilt about "children I'll never meet," as I've heard some put it. 2 is ENOUGH.

Here are MY reasons that I don't need/want anymore children (in no particular order):

  • Pregnancy SUCKS. S.U.C.K.S!
  • Labor/Delivery SUCKS
  • Recovery SUCKS
  • I am a much nicer person when I get 6 hours of sleep...in a row.
  • My car nicely fits 2 car seats
  • My house nicely fits 2 children
  • Our income nicely fits 2 children
  • I like my house clean...(not that it IS clean, but I do like it that way)
  • I like my husband, and want to continue to be able to spend some time with him 1 on 1
  • My kids are healthy (relatively speaking, and I pray that this does not change!) I'm terrified that the more I have, the more likely something will be wrong
  • I have my babies ONE AT A TIME, I don't have a litter, and if God wanted me to have more children, perhaps he'd have snuck a few more in the womb in each pregnancy. He didnt. God and I are clearly on the same page on this issue.

We live in a small(ish) town, and have a small(ish) house. 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, and a little fenced in yard. I really don't think I could ask for more! That's it for today, BUT, I have decided to blog daily starting tomorrow...its the only hope my kids have for documentation of their childhood (since I'm still working to complete my wedding album...their baby albums don't stand a CHANCE!)

2 comments: