Monday, July 13, 2009

14 Grandparents

Jordan and Carter...you have many many many living grandparents. Allow me to break this down for you:

Mommy's Parents:
Grandma and Grandad

Mommy's Grandparents:
Great-Grandma and Great Grandpa Osborne
Great-Grandad and Great Grandma Casey Bryan
Great- Grammy and Great Grandpa Peter Henrichsen

Daddy's Parents:
Poppy and NaNa
Grandma "Lucy" and Grandpa

Daddy's Grandparents:
Maw Maw
Great-Grandma Adamo

If you lost count, that's 8 sets for a total of 14 living Grandparents. THAT in itself is a blessing far greater than what many children have! Here is a fun-fact about each:

Grandma and Grandad Bryan have lived in their home since I was 4 years old and before Aunt Jen was born. Your "room" at their house was my bedroom until I was about 10. For as long as I can remember we vacationed at Myrtle Beach, which is something I hope that you can say one day as well :-). The bunk beds that are in your "room" at their house are a new addition since you two came along....and yes, Aunt Jen and I are TOTALLY jealous!

Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Osborne: Have had a TON of plants/flowers for as long as I can remember. Although I have a black thumb, Great Grandma and Great Grandpa do not, and I hope that you inherit a green thumb from them. They took Aunt Jen and I on some of the neatest trips...Field Of Dreams, Plays in New York, and even Mall of America.

Great-Grandad and Great Grandma Casey: Live in Delaware now, but they used to live closer. Great-Grandad had the COOLEST swing in his backyard that i have ever come across in my life. It swung out so high over the trees I'd lose my breath EVERY TIME I was one it.

Great-Grammy and Great Grandpa Peter: Have lived in the house that they are in for as long as I can remember. We try to get to their house every year for St. Patricks Day. Grammy invented Tunafish and Noodles...a staple meal in our house already.

Poppy and NaNa: They love the beach too....Myrtle Beach, just like your Grandma and Grandad. They have 2 cats that Jordan LOVES to torture, Jake and Elwood. And a crazy dog named Mickey who I'm pretty sure thinks he's a person. Poppy and NaNa have lived in Gastonia forever. They know everyone there and hence everyone there knows who you guys are too.

Grandma "Lucy" and Grandpa: Really like to garden and remodel their home. Grandma Lucy seems to have a green thumb as well, so there's a double shot that you may get one. When Daddy was growing up he and Grandma had lots of long talks about politics and religion.

MawMaw: Worked on a railroad for a long time, and worked with kids alot too. EVERYONE knows her as MawMaw. Everyone who knew her when they were a kid calls her that, but she really is YOUR MawMaw, so that's pretty special.

Great-Grandma Adamo: Is very knowledgeable and helped Daddy get interested in science and Math when he was younger. She grew up in New York and was an only child. Daddy and Uncle Mac and Grandma Lucy used to live with her.

That's the run-down....I'm sure you'll make your own memories about each one, but this is a start. You both were born with so many people who loved you even before they met you, this is only the start of a VERY long list of those people!!

1 comment:

  1. That's so wonderful. What a blessing. Add me to the list of loving the Hayes kiddos.

    ReplyDelete