Monday, July 6, 2009

Merry Christmas!

So, I have been feeling a little guilty lately about Carter having so few "big" toys. With Jordan, every couple of months we'd buy her some great NEW toy to play with...something that she had just gotten big enough to play with, or something that just looked really fun and she "needed." If I were being entirely honest, I'd have to admit that I STILL do this for her.

Poor Carter...I can count on one hand the number of big toys we've bought him. I was having a weepy day yesterday and this came up. So my GENIUS husband went into the attic and pulled down ALL of Jordan's old toys. DUH! I have no idea why I didn't think of this. Now our downstairs looks like toys r us and Carter is just circling the room going from one new and exciting toy to the next. I still was feeling guilty, but then Dave reminded me "He has no concept of new from the store vs. new to him. These are just the same as if we'd bought them FOR him." (which I suppose we kind of did, we took IMMACULATE care of Jordan's toys, with the intention of handing them down "one day.")



And really, this is even better, because with Jordan she got them all one at a time, for Carter, this is like CHRISTMAS!!! He got 4 really big toys (Fisher Price talking chair thing, Fisher Price piano pull up toy, Push walker thingy, Barn toy) and TONS of small ones (too many to list). He was busy until 8:00 last night and Carter is a strict little 7:30 bedtime baby! He has been busy all morning. The only downfall is his size. Since he is so large, the toys that he should be pulling up to, he just pulls up to his knees and he can reach everything on them :-( Oh well, I'm sure he'll get it eventually. Its also like Christmas for Jordan, because APPARENTLY when Dave packed up the basement into storage and the attic, he put up ALOT of her toys that were downstairs. Jordan has enough toys that she and I didn't really even notice (yikes!) Also, she tends to get in a toy rut, and play with the same things for a few weeks. This was GREAT for her. ALL of her Little People toys were up there, which she was VERY excited about (And has no memory of playing with before) along with many other "hidden treasures."

Its also Christmas for my friend Jenny's daughter, Lilly, who will be getting all of the girlie toys that we saved. (and there are QUITE alot of them). We have absolutely no need for them, and Lilly and her Mommy will be down in August visiting family, and will be getting a large sack of toys...HOHOHO!

So, Merry Christmas to you, from Jordan and Carter (and Santa Hayes)!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes a toy gets put somewhere weird and Serena is always really excited when we get it out. I think its a good idea to cycle your toys, that way the kids think they are new and exciting each time and you don't have to keep buying new ones.

    ReplyDelete