Friday, March 4, 2011

Happy Friday!

So this weekend 2 very exciting things are happening! First, my friend, Jenny, is coming down to visit from PA. She and her husband and their 2 kiddos will be staying with her family...BUT...tomorrow morning they're coming over for breakfast!!! I'm really excited because I cannot wait to play with Lily in all her new-found-toddler-girl glory, AND to snuggle baby Drew who is already 2 months old and whom I haven't met yet!! Also, its not exactly a short drive from La Plata to here - so I'm excited that they're actually coming!!!! Also I love making Saturday Morning breakfast, its definitely our favorite morning of the week around here, so any excuse to make a few extra waffles and throw on another pound of bacon (that's on as in on the pan - not on my butt...rest assured the bacon adds well over an extra pound to the butt!).

Second, Dave is taking the kids to a Birthday party in La Plata tomorrow afternoon. That's right, Dave's taking them! I don't know exactly how that came about, I think maybe I just suggested it and he went with it. Its 1 hour there, and 1 hour back, plus probably a 2 hour party...sooooo....that's AT LEAST 4 HOURS in the house by myself! A big big part of me wants to go ahead and go with them to the party, BUT, I know I'm not needed and I know that the kids will have a blast and Dave will get MAJOR Daddy points because of it. The wanting to go is really because as much as I gripe and complain about having no adult time, or "needing a break" really I like to see and be a part of every single thing these beautiful babies do, I'm totally afraid I'll miss something...but I know its okay to sometimes let them experience things without me.

So, what to do tomorrow with my 4 hours? Probably just spring-cleaning, but won't it be nice to do it in a quiet house!? And then enjoy family time when they get back and my to-do has had a major dent put into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment